Saturday

30 August 2008 - Merdeka Eve at 'Look Out Point'

It's Merdeka eve and I'm working!!! Half day only so not to worry ... managed to do a quick researched on where to go for Merdeka eve :D

1) Time Square Wayang Kulit - 230pm, 5pm, 7pm
2) Serdang Photography Lesson - How to shoot Events
3) Dataran Merdeka


After work I went to buy UV filter (Raydawn), not sure whether that's a famous brand but what the heck who cares as long as it's a cheap bargain I'll take it ... cost me RM80 ... at least I got a lens protector now :D feeling awesome about it now^^ Hell yeah!


It was raining heavily again ... but I'm still hoping to go for an outing tonight ... planned to go out 5pm but changed plans, suddenly thought of an even better spot to view fireworks during Eve ... The Look Out Point ... yeah the look out point, it's located somewhere Here ... only heard about people talking it in a forums and reading a general idea 'bout it in blogs ... so I wanted to be on the hills myself, not the ones listening - but the ones who'll be talking about it :D Don't I sound cool with the phrase? You think so too eh? LOL ...

Had a tough night looking for the entrance to the junction, no worries we managed to find our way there luckily there's a map to look through before going there ... upon reaching or before reaching the junction point, I had a bad feeling about it ... every single car's lining in front of us are going the same bloody direction ... oh well, couldn't be that crowded right? I don't think they'll be a bunch of people though ...

Damn, was I wrong ... along the hillside there's already cars piling up ... night markets (couldn't take any photos coz I was driving - sigh), even the bloody road's congested with people and mat rempits ... really hate seeing them on the road, I'll hit them over if I'm driving a backhoe ... had to park the car quite a distance, the atmosphere's great up there ... the wind blowing slowly yet it's not raining Thank GOD !!! The entrance itself was a big attraction ... never knew there was a place like this ... we had to walk up stairs again ... phuuu ~ some exercise before the show ... we were struck in awe when we took the last step of the stairs ... it's either we're frustrated about the crowd or we were surprise the restaurants and cafe up here was ... speechless ... ok It's ordinary but the view ... the view's fantastic!!!! For those of you who plans to have a good and memorable date, then this is your spot of the day mate ... It would be a great dinner with someone you had in mind and a hangout lair for all sorts of people ... everyone's waiting and standing for those who didn't managed to get a table, they'll be standing just next to the customer's table so for those sitting and facing the city skyscrapper ... I bet they're awkward enough to do things already LOL ...

The entrance.

Look at what they're sitting on.LOL

shooting without a tripod.

Fireworks in Dataran Merdeka. Should be-Lah.

Everyone was 'wooo - wow - wahhh'.

The power of tripod.


One of the restaurants there ... damn nice huh ...


Oh man, I just can't get enough of the view ... fireworks started popping up near Bukit Bintang and then Dataran Merdeka(which was the longest) then some other areas including housing areas haha ... I wasn't tall enough to shoot due to the crowd, I'll leave the job to my 7 feet tall buddy Jay to the job for me :D ... I couldn't even set up my tripod, coz there won't be anything to see but people's back side ... several minutes after the show ... the crowd suddenly disappear ... wow ... people come - people go, now you see now you don't ... just for the sake of that few minutes to come to the hill side and stuck in a jam ... worth it I guess ... managed to set up my tripod then took 2 shoots of the whole kl ... amazing city lights ... one of the best things I've ever witness in my whole life ... wasn't in the mood to dine in coz the food looks pretty much pricey ...

gasOLINE cafe.

The Eagle.

We took the road in front instead of crawling our ways along with the crowd ... thought it might be a short cut ... well, it was a 'short-cut' indeed ... took us 2 hours to get our ass back on the right track ... we even witness few of them mat rempit laying dead in the middle of the road in the middle of no where ... one of them ran up to the passenger's window and shouted in a panic tone :" tolong bang, tolong bang ... (help me, brother - something like that)" ... at first I thought of stopping but Jay said:" U-turn, u-turn" ... without hesitation I made a quick u-turn without even asking why ... the vehicle tailing us also did the same thing ... the place was dark and had an eery feeling ... we were in shock, then Jay told me why he told me to make a U-turn, coz the fellas totally not moving meaning to say yeah ... they're dead ...

We reach home exactly 3am ... what a day ... still can't get the feeling off my shoulders ... the first thing that came to my mind was taking out my camera a shoot but I wasn't able to do so ...

No comments: